Adventures of a g33k that quilts~

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SW Washington Fall 2009 Quilt Shop Hop: Shop #1 - Art 'n Sewl, Vancouver, Wash.


Kim Mason, my mom, right, and the owner of the Art 'n Sewl quilt shop in Vancouver, Wash.


This year is my first Quilt Shop Hop. Actually, it’s my first year as a quilter, too. Being a novice, however, does not make the Hop any less fun than if I were a hardened veteran.

My mom and I loaded up the car around 11 a.m., typed the first quilt shop address into our trusty GPS, and drove south on I-5 towards Art ‘n Sewl in Vancouver, Wash. Our goal for the day was to hit five of the 20 quilt shops on the passport list.

The name of the first shop, Art ‘n Sewl, is a cute pun on the phrase “heart and soul,” which this shop quite obviously had. Walking through the door, I was greeted by a very friendly shop owner and a most adorable shop dog.

For those of you unfamiliar with quilt shops, it’s quite common for the owner to keep a small dog around. Said dog gets oo’ed and aah’ed over and usually slipped treats and nom noms and generally treated like a prince(ss).

The space was smaller than some shops I’ve been in, but I was thoroughly impressed by the sheer amount of cheer, color and life hanging on the walls. There were some really amazing quilts.

Now for the photos!


6 comments:

  1. Oooo, my hair looks GREAT from the back! LOL

    Seriously, though, it does, it looks great.

    No wait, REALLY seriously, the photos are GREAT! More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, somehow you managed to make Quilt Shop Hopping look like fun even to those of us with "no interest in the domestic arts" as your mother puts it. :) Great pics. Love the little chickens! Makes me wish I had pins. I WANT that Alice quilt. - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously CAN'T not like that Alice quilt! I will BE the Queen of Hearts when I grow up..."Off with her head!" "You're not making any sense..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to get THREE comments on the first day of my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed with your begining quilting efforts...your Mom is a good teacher and you are an awesome student!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Robin! :D Mom is a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Followers